For physicians that want to be on the forefront of breast imaging, the SuperSonic® MACH™ 40 ultrasound system is our most advanced ultrasound system.
Deep inside the SuperSonic® MACH™ 40 system is a powerful processor running on our powerful and exclusive UltraFast™ technology, inspired by the video gaming industry that offers innovative and additional tools to optimize patient management and support diagnostic decisions. The intelligent signal processing can capture up to 20,000 images per seconds.1
- Ultrafast™ Ultrasound Imaging, by Jeremy Bercoff (Published: August 23rd 2011 DOI: 10.5772/19729) https://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs/18250.pdf
SuperSonic® MACH™ 40
The SuperSonic® MACH™ 40 ultrasound system features several innovative imaging modes, thanks to its UltraFast™ leading edge technology. These innovations integrate perfectly with routine workflow and are designed to deliver meaningful added value into breast imaging and improve patient management.
Select from the below to jump to relevant section
Image Accuracy & Excellent Versatility
Excellent B-Mode Image Quality
The SuperSonic® MACH™ 40 ultrasound system offers excellent B-mode image quality with reduced speckle, regardless of tissue density, and improved lesion conspicuity for enhanced diagnostic confidence regardless of the clinical application. A set of advanced features is available to simplify and accelerate the image acquisition process.
- Excellent lesion conspicuity
- Exceptional tissue differentiation
- Imaging at great depths
Optimized And Automated Experience
A range of functionalities designed to meet the needs of practitioners.
- AutoTGC– Excellent optimization with one touch button, you instantly optimize the gain for the entire
- SuperRes– Enhanced conspicuity offering four levels of adjustment to adjust edge sharpness and improve conspicuity of
- TissueTuner – Five settings of tissue density to accurately match with the density of the organ scanned resulting in sharper borders and a better delineation of normal and abnormal
- SuperCompound – Fast spatial compounding for smoother images with reduced
Conventional Imaging Modes
Color and Power Doppler provides ultra-sensitive flow imaging in both superficial and deep structures. In addition, Triplex mode gives you the ability to view both live B-mode, Color & Pulsed-Wave Doppler at the same time.
Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound Imaging (CEUS) : Enables the evaluation of organ blood perfusion dynamics to help clinicians characterize abnormal structures & organs.
SHEARWAVE™ PL.U.S Elastography
The Reference in Elastography
Your ultrasound exams are about to benefit from a new kind of elastography experience:
- High Framrate Real-time imaging1
- Enhanced spatial resolution2
- Increased penetration3
- Dynamic tissue stiffness evaluation with large 2D color-coded map
- Dual quantification with measurement tools in kPa and m/s
- Preserved B-mode image quality & framerate
- Real time image processing is related with typical frame rate. Current standard for capture is typically 30 frames per second and can go up to 120 frames per second for some conventional ultrasound equipment. The UltraFast™ technology allows for the image acquisition up to 20,000 frames per second.
- SuperSonic® MACH™ 40 ultrasound system technical specifications: SWE™ imaging spatial resolution is 2mm for all transducers.
- SuperSonic® MACH™ 40 ultrasound system technical specifications: SWE™ imaging Box depth at maximum 12
Breakthrough Technology for Breast Health
It has been demonstrated, by more than 200 peer-reviewed publications using SWE™ imaging, that real-time mapping of breast lesion stiffness provides additional diagnostic information.
SWE™ imaging constitutes a complementary tool for:
- Breast lesion diagnosis and characterization1
- More accurate lesion size measurement2
- Clear margin definition in the preoperative setting
- Biopsy guidance2
- Therapy planning and monitoring3
- Prognostics and monitoring of breast cancer patients during and after neoadjuvant chemotherapy3
- May also help with targeting lesions during ultrasound-guided biopsy.4
- Berg WA et Radiology 2012 Feb;262(2):435-49.
- Mullen R et Clin Radiol 2014 Dec;69(12):1259-63.
- Lee SH et Ann Surg Oncol 2015 Dec;22 Suppl 3:376-84.
- Plecha DM et Radiology 2014; 272(3):657-64.
“With mammography, we fail to identify almost half the breast cancers in patients with dense breasts, so we need to use other tools to help improve the diagnosis of cancer in those women (…) There are several features that I like about ShearWave™ Elastography: it gives us additional information about lesions, it improves specificity and therefore improves confidence in our final diagnosis.”
Angio PL.U.S™ Imaging
To Assess Microvasculature with Astounding Clarity
Angio PL.U.S™ imaging provides a new level of microvascular imaging through an exceptional high frame rate color sensitivity and spatial resolution while maintaining exceptional 2D imaging.
Thanks to its ability to detect microvascularization in different types of lesions, this mode could open the door to added clinical information and diagnostic perspectives, in both benign and malignant lesions, without the need of contrast agents.
For an Increasing Diagnostic Confidence in Results
TriVu™ imaging mode allows you to visualize the anatomy, the tissue stiffness, and blood flow in the breast tissue concurrently, on the same image simultaneously. One acquisition: Assessment, in real-time of all 3 parameters in the same exact tissue.
TriVu™ imaging assesses in real-time:
- Morphologic information with B-mode.
- Stiffness information with ShearWave™ U.S elastography.
- Microvascular flow information with Angio U.S™ imaging.
Needle PL.U.S™ Imaging
For An Enhanced Control in Ultrasound-Guided Biopsies
Needle PL.U.S™ imaging was developed to provide leveraging our unique UltraFast™ technology to provide enhanced needle visibility and introduce a unique functionality: needle trajectory prediction.
In practice, Needle PL.U.S™ imaging enables you to visualize both biopsy needles and anatomical structures in real time with unrivaled precision, and also predict where the needle is supposed to go.
3D Ultrasound Imaging
Open The Door to The Ultimate Tool for Breast Imaging
Our 3D Ultrasound Imaging tool is designed to enhance diagnostic certainty and helps you visualize breast anatomy and detailed characterization of lesions (MultiPlanar and MultiSlice Displays) from a new perspective.
- May provide greater diagnostic information due to whole volume images and the unique coronal.
- No resolution loss wherever you are in the breast, even next to pectoralis muscle.
The 3D 5-16 MHs broadband volumetric transducer, rapidly acquires 3D volumes of the breast and may assist in the work-up of difficult lesions even for dense breasts.
Comprehensive Family of Transducers for All Applications
Curvilinear Transducers With Single Crystal Technology
Our single crystal technology delivers increased bandwidth, wider dynamic range and enhanced sensitivity. The result is uniformity from near to far field even in your technically challenging patients.
Transducer C9-2X, Single Crystal Curvilinear 50 mm
Abdominal, Ob-Gyn, Vascular, Thyroid, and Pediatric applications.
Transducer C6-1X, Single Crystal Curvilinear 60 mm
Abdominal, Ob-Gyn, Vascular, Thyroid, and Pediatric applications.
Linear Transducers with Single Crystal Technology
Our ultra broadband transducers with their unique core acoustic technology and advanced ergonomic design enable exceptional tissue detail in every exam.
Transducer L18-5, 5 Linear 50 mm
Breast, Thyroid, MSK, Genitourinary, Vascular and for Pediatric applications
Transducer L10-2, Linear 38 mm
Vascular, Thyroid, Breast, Abdominal, MSK and Pediatric applications
Transducer LH20-6, Hockey Stick Linear 27 mm
MSK, Vascular, Breast and Pediatric applications
Transducer E12-3, Endocavitary 138°
Endorectal or endovaginal applications
Transducer P5-1X Single Crystal Phased Array 20 mm
Transducer MC12-3 Micro-Convex 18 mm
Vascular and Pediatric applications
INTUITIVE USER EXPERIENCE
Focus on what you see,
and not on what you do with SONICPAD™ touchpad.
Multitouch SonicPad™ Touchpad helps improve workflow by reducing user’s movements and examination time.
- User Comfort
- Exam Efficiency
- Patient Focus
“I find in my practice that I’m able to interact with the patient more because I’m not fiddling with knobs and buttons (…). I find that I don’t have to look down at the unit as much, so I’m able to focus on the screen and visualizing the finding.”
Full HD Screens
1. The 23” Full HD monitor displays 2 million1 pixel resolution for diagnostic clarity and offers enhanced image uniformity, deeper blacks and refined detail, paired with reliable performance and a longer useful
2. The interactive 6” Full HD adjustable touchscreen makes all the difference when reflections prevent you from seeing.
3. Motorized control panel
4. Pinless connector ports
5. Three-position central brake
6. Large front and back handles
Minimal Audible Noise
Noise levels equivalent to a bedroom (~ 33 dB) is made possible thanks to optimized cooling fan architecture.
SuperSonic® MACH™ system strives to limit the environmental impact throughout the SuperSonic® MACH™ 40 ultrasound system life cycle. It starts with choosing ecologically responsible subcontractors, reducing the number of components and making sure that used material is properly recycled.